Wipeouts

RyanAtNelco

Hello,

I am having an issue plotting drawings that contain wipeouts. I am trying to make PDFs, which on my screen look correct. However, when i print from a PDF the wipeouts show up as solid black instead of how they look on the screen (just a rectangle). Is there a plot setting or something to do with plotting to PDF that makes the wipeouts show up like this when printing? Should I just stop using wipeouts?

I've experienced this problem too before (not with Cute PDF though). With my experience, wipeouts usually initially work fine when producing a PDF of an AutoCad drawing. However when then modifying that PDF and inserting additional pages for example say using Adobe Acrobat Professional, wipeouts fail and show as a black solid.

My solution: Avoid wipeouts and do not use them at all. There are other better ways to produce the same effect (viewports, color 255 solid hatch behind a block etc).

Plotting from the Acad pdf creator fixed the problem, thanks!! To be honest I don't remember what prompted the idea but our IT guy suggested it a long time ago and no one thought to question him. It just become company standard. I'll have to spread the word to stick with acad's version.

Thanks again!