Icons for Ribbon menus

Koalbee

Hi

Does anyone have any guidance on how best to take icons from the tool palettes into the ribbon menu ?

I am currently going through the laborious process of moving my company tool palette commands into ribbon format..... it would be great to find a quick way to grab our custom icons from the palette and use them in the ribbon.

Thanks in advance for any help

Hey Remark

I have managed to move the commands etc without any problems ....it's the icons that are the problem

The file format for each icon is not the same as the palettes, I think the palettes accept icons in jpg and png format

but the ribbon only accepts bitmaps ?

When dragging a command into a ribbon panel or tab, does it not transfer the icon with it? I think that when we set up our toolbars/menus, we used bmp's right off the bat, so I never experienced any issues when creating our ribbons. I just wish the background color of a button would blend in a little better with the autocad interface. It would make some of my tools look so much better. (almost like they actually belong in the program)

Thanks CCowgill .... I suppose we'll all have to ensure we use bitmaps from now on.

It's a bit of pain when you have an extensive library of tool palettes to move into the ribbons.

Thanks again

Koal Bee:(

Is there no (vlax-get-or-create-object "MSPaint.Application") object that can be used to automatically go through your icon directories, and for each non-BMP file found, open with the above object, and saved-as .BMP...? :unsure:

(The code above does not produce an object, hence the question)