LISP and Dynamic Block Properties

rwsice9

Does anyone know if it is possible to use LISP code to do these 3 things:

1. Insert a block (this is about as far as I can get myself)

2. Read a variable value (Useri5, for example)

3. Set a lookup table value based on the variable value.

I have a bock with a lookup table with selectable values from 1-40. The block is for revision text on a drawing. The lookup table changes the block's attribute values to read off of Sheet Set custom properties. I already have a couple of functions for inserting a revision delta and have the number automatically populate based on the USERI5 variable, but I would also like to be able to have a function to insert the revision text block, and have it automatically set to the correct revision number.

If anyone could help (or think you might be able to help, but my explanation was confusing) please please let me know. Thanks for reading my post and taking time to help out!:D

Does anyone know if it is possible to use LISP code to do these 3 things:

1. Insert a block (this is about as far as I can get myself)

2. Read a variable value (Useri5, for example)

3. Set a lookup table value based on the variable value.

Yes, this is possible.

Please post the code you have so far, and a sample REV block (2004 file format) if you can.

I have a bock with a lookup table with selectable values from 1-40. The block is for revision text on a drawing. The lookup table changes the block's attribute values to read off of Sheet Set custom properties.

What do you mean by lookup table? Is this a list of grouped pairs in your code, perhaps?

I already have a couple of functions for inserting a revision delta and have the number automatically populate based on the USERI5 variable, but I would also like to be able to have a function to insert the revision text block, and have it automatically set to the correct revision number.

No need for the USERI5 storage.

I too have a function which inserts a REV, but programmatically searches a selection set of REV blocks, and filters for the highest revision value (i.e., 1, 2, 3, or A, B, C, etc.) and prompts me to use the currect (highest) value, or to increment the value by one.

I am posting the revision text block and the lisp code that I use for inserting the revision delta (I dont have any written so far for the revision text block, but I was thinking the code would be similar to the delta code.)

What do you mean by lookup table? Is this a list of grouped pairs in your code, perhaps?

I think I may have mis-worded this. The correct term would be a Block Properties table. Similar to a visibility state, but lets you select default values for attributes within the block. You'll see when you download the block. No code at all.

REV1T40-E1.dwg

tri.lsp