How Can I Draw A Pline Like This ??

xcuiwu

I USE AUTOCAD2008(FULL NOT LT)

IS THERE ANYBODY WHO CAN TELL ME WHICH system variable CAN CONTROL THE PLINE'S DISPLAY IN CORNER???

AS THE PIC SHOWS:

ADD: THE LINETYPE IS CONTINUES ,THE LINEWEIGHT IS 3"

2879187046_2e853cf933.jpg?v=0

I HAVE TEST SOME VARIABLE LIKE——PLINEGEN,PLINETYPE,PLINEWID AND SO ON ,BUT NONE OF THEN CAN DO THIS,WHO CAN HELP ME??? THKS A LOT!!!

PLINESTYLE.JPG

It is not clear to me as to which line you are wishing to draw - the upper one or the lower one. :cry:

I don't think there is a system variable, but there are rules which AutoCAD follows to produce differing results. :(

looks like your top lines a single polyline whereas the lower ones multiple polylines.

in command bar type pedit

then select one of them, if it says

"Object selected is not a polyline

Do you want to turn it into one? "

Press return, and then enter "J" for join,

select the other lines and Right click once,

then enter "W" for width and enter the

width value and press enter twice to exit the

command.

Both Of Them Are Plylines. And Yes There Used To Be System Variable For That Which I Used Long Time Back In 2002 Lt But Can't Remeber As I Don't Use Ti Now.

It Is One Of Those Things, If You Don't Use It, You Forget About It.

Both Of Them Are Plylines. And Yes There Used To Be System Variable For That Which I Used Long Time Back In 2002 Lt But Can't Remeber As I Don't Use Ti Now.

It Is One Of Those Things, If You Don't Use It, You Forget About It.

YES,THEY ARE ALL ONE PLYLINE NOT MULTIPLINE.CAN YOU REMEBER IT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE?? I REALLY WANT TO KNOW IT. THANKS A LOT

ADD:IS LWPOLYLINE CAN ACHIEVE THIS FUNTION??? WHO HAS AUTOCAD2002 CAN TEST FOR ME ? THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

You are referring to the line join style. It can be miter, bevel, round or diamond. Am I correct?

NOT LINE BUT PLINE . I WANT TO USE PLINE TO DRAW A GRAPH LIKE THE SECOND GRAPH OF THE PICTURE THAT I SHOW IT .AND I THINK THERE IS A system variables TO CONTROL THE DISPLAY IN THIS SITUATION IN AUTOCAD2008, THE ONLY QUESTION IS WHO CAN TELL ME THE system variables :)

I can't tell you what system variable there is to control display, but I have found a workaround.

Polylines with continuous linetype always have neat corners. But if you have any other linetype, then the corners are not neatened in the display. So I chose a dashed linetype, but then put the Linetype scale factor as 500000, and it looks like this:

Corner.jpg

From AutoCAD Help:

"You can set the line end and join styles for objects that have lineweight assigned, either as an object property or as a plot style override."

So that means it would work for a polyline.

End styles are butt, square, round and diamond.

From AutoCAD Help:

"You can set the line end and join styles for objects that have lineweight assigned, either as an object property or as a plot style override."

So that means it would work for a polyline.

End styles are butt, square, round and diamond.

I think that this all refers to plotting, but I thought that the OP wanted to see it on the screen :cry:

soory for not being much help. here is a similer thread & our sotuation is like th eposter of that threads who is not able to remember the variable he once used. I tried all the trick spossible but can not retarce it. but at the end of this thread someone has suggested something which i can not try becuase i use LT WHICH DOES NOT HAVE EXPRESS TOOLS.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23600&page=2&highlight=polyline

SO TRY THAT SUGGESTION & SEE IF YOU FIGURE OUT

The Express Tools option mentioned, SYSVDLG, "allows you to view, edit and save system variable settings." It has no effect on what polylines with width look like when viewed on screen.

I could not find a system variable that will give the OP the desired results in a continuous polyline. Therefore, I suggest, that if the OP wishes to see, on screen, "cut corners" that each polyline be treated as a separate entity.

Or, using the fact that non tangential arc segments are not bevelled, draw your lines as a series of arc segments (of infinite radius), and join them up with pedit. :D

PlineArcs.jpg

• Thanks 1

It does seem that there is a variable or process that controls this, but for the life of me I cannot remember or figure it out.

In my search for an answer I did figure out something else I had been wondering about for a long time... Now I have to find the thread that it pertained to and post!

Rusty:

I think you'd have to go back to a very early version of AutoCAD to find that variable. I too thought it would be simple to find. It seems it has gone the way of the dodo bird. I'm keeping in mind that the OP wants to view it on the screen in just the manner depicted.

the only way i found to do this is to draw each segment as its own pline then make the gobal width something thick.....but ive done this before on accident but cannot remember what or how i did it......sorry

O.K. here is my third suggestion to get you what you want.

Make a linetype that is a pretend continuous line type

*PSEUDO,Pseudo Continuous

A,0.99999999,-0.00000001

Then, because it is not actually the CONTINUOUS linetype, a wide Polyline will not bevel at the corners.

Stop looking for a hypothetical system variable :cry:

Psuedo.jpg

Dude I'm tellin you, there was a variable for it. Mine displays as the OP wants. As I draw the line the vertices are jagged, but as soon as I enter out of the pline command it closes them up all nice n purty.

If I turn off fillmode the lines come together properly as well. Let me get a screen grab...

There has got to be a way man!