Dimensioning fillet and chamfer

Kevin10th

Fillets and rounds are dimensioned with a radius. In they are all uniform in size then the dimension can be omitted and a note can be added to the drawing. Ex. - All fillets & rounds 1/8R.

Unfortunately, my teacher demanded me to place the dimension right at the fillets and chamfers because it had to be converted into png. So, the dimension cannot be written like you'd said before. Didn't you know any way else?

The dimensions can be added to both the fillets and the chamfers just as you would any other dimensions.

Fillets ex. - 1/8R

Chamfer ex. - 1/8x45 deg.

This is how I would do it (a round and a chamfer). A fillet is a rounded interior corner while a round is a rounded exterior corner. I rarely hear the term "round" as many people tend to use the term fillet interchangeably.

Fillet and chamfer dims.jpg

Edited by ReMark

The dimensions can be added to both the fillets and the chamfers just as you would any other dimensions.

Fillets ex. - 1/8R

Chamfer ex. - 1/8x45 deg.

This is how I would do it (a round and a chamfer). A fillet is a rounded interior corner while a round is a rounded exterior corner. I rarely hear the term "round" as many people tend to use the term fillet interchangeably.

[ATTACH]24854[/ATTACH]

How could you do that? Can you tell me the steps to do it?

I'd like to ask how you make the dimension for the fillet before. I did the way like you'd posted and it didn't work. Perhaps it won't give any dimensions for 3D ones, will it?

I wasn't aware that you were doing this in 3D. That being the case you may well have to use a leader and type the text in yourself. As a matter of practice I usually do not dimension 3D objects themselves.

Note: If you try to use Dimension > Radius on a 3D object AutoCAD will return the following:

Object selected is not a circle or arc.