Not appear some of my drawings such as lines and curves ...!!!

basiony

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• basiony

• Cad64

• ReMark

• nestly

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

about u-bolt ,,,

I used two U-Bolts, cause in some case wind load will be over the design calculation

... and 90% of sign board dimensions here in Arab countries, are up normal safety..

===

** Mr remark, really I tried alot of times to search OR practice the Threads Tutorial in this sites and other... but still can't make a thread .. :)

I know its very shame to say that ... but I honestly try much :$

Remark, that's probably like a 12 or 16" pipe, cost may be a factor, plus I don't see anything wrong with that design to begin with. Redundancy isn't a bad thing either since dropping pipes on moving cars is always a bad thing, not to mention the additional stiffness that type of connection provides to the support beam.

Back on topic, I don't have any experience printing 3D views like that, and couldn't figure it out either, so I'm hoping to learn something here as well.

I had no problem printing the drawing out without any loss of clarity. I printed it using a Conceptual visual style on a Kyocera photocopier.

I wouldn't worry about putting threads on U-bolts of such small diameter. That level of detail will not show up unless you zoom in very close or you are going to plot it at a much larger scale.

Personally I'd use a kneebrace of some kind to support the pipe from below or better yet a saddle. Are you going to be adding a second plate to the face of flange on the other side of the column?

Edited by ReMark

Just out of curiousity why do you have only one layer?

You have a beam off to the side, a column with baseplate and gussets, a backing plate, a pipe and two U-bolts. They may all be different colors but if someone wants to see just the backing plate and U-bolts what are they supposed to do?

And another question if I may. What is the purpose of the square (stiffener?) between the pipe and the backing plate?

What is the purpose of the square (stiffener?) between the pipe and the backing plate?

I'd say it's there to prevent the pipe from rotating due to the weight of the sign and wind load: a keyway of sorts.

Makes perfect sense. Thanks.

I thought the days of supporting signs with pipes held in place by U-bolts was over. What happened to something a bit more up-to-date?

I'm waiting for new replys .. :)

As I said before, you need to repost the file, saved down to an earlier format. Right now, the only people who can view your file are ones using 2011.

When posting dwg files, please save down to an earlier version so people without 2011 can view your file.

Ok, but my file size was 350 kb .. that's why I deleted some elements from my Design ... then I compress it , while I uploading the zip.file the forum system says: no compressed file extension can be uploaded , so i change the file extension to dwg ....

but did you mean that when i upload a drawing file , save as dwg under 2011 cad's... ???!!

Ok, but my file size was 350 kb .. that's why I deleted some elements from my Design ... then I compress it , while I uploading the zip.file the forum system says: no compressed file extension can be uploaded , so i change the file extension to dwg ....

but did you mean that when i upload a drawing file , save as dwg under 2011 cad's... ???!!

:huh: Huh? The file you uploaded is a rar, not a dwg? :roll:

Ok, well, I don't have software to extract rar's on my machine, so I still can't open your file. Maybe someone else can figure out this puzzle?

Yes, the original was a rar file. I save it down to 2007, but it was still over 350KB and failed to upload for me as well. Wblock shrunk it down enough though.

Here it is in 2007 format