Core i7 Doesnt Speed Up While Rendering

Raudel Solis

I am well aware of what this thread is about, and I don't believe I was speaking to you when I wrote that, now was I?

I do not work for Autodesk and I was not involved in building their software. If you want the answer to that question, MAYBE YOU SHOULD CONTACT AUTODESK.

well your no help

ahm just out of no where write a bit of code lets say html or css anything lets see what you got

tell me about cpu nahelem project?

ahm tell me something i dont know?

oh i wont work for autocad and i probably wont work

and dont think too much of yourself either

all il do is continue purchasing autodesk products

ahm sure if i could fix it i would but it would be against AUTODESK EULA

END USER LISCENSE AGREEMENT

but anyway tell me something to fix the issue? huh?

anything ?

if you dont got anything then dont take the time to even post anything

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raudel Solis

• Cad64

• ReMark

• Bill Tillman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The answer is simple. AutoCAD just kinda sucks at rendering. You have to remember what AutoCAD started out as and what it has kind of evolved into: it was only a 2D drafting program meant to replace a paper and pen, but all of these little things got added to it over time. Now we have a bloated program with a ton of halfassed capabilities in it that only work some of the time and don't do a really good job at it. Sure there are some people who can do amazing things with it, but in all honesty you should be looking into other software who's only goal is to do rendering.

Trust me, I have an awesome rig at work (Quad core, 1TB HDD, 12G RAM, NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800, dual monitors, etc., etc.) and rendering still takes me a long time. And that's not my only problem with it. Soon we'll be moving over to SolidWorks so most of my issues with AutoCAD will be resolved, but for a 2D drafting program I think does a fair job.

well your no help

That's a matter of opinion.

ahm just out of no where write a bit of code lets say html or css anything lets see what you got

What does that have to do with anything? I'm not a web designer and I don't pretend to be.

tell me about cpu nahelem project?

Here you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nehalem_%28microarchitecture%29

ahm tell me something i dont know?

What would you like to know?

oh i wont work for autocad and i probably wont work

Ok? :?

and dont think too much of yourself either

You're entitled to your opinion.

all il do is continue purchasing autodesk products

Really? At 15 years old you're making enough money to purchase Autodesk products. Where do you work?

ahm sure if i could fix it i would but it would be against AUTODESK EULA

END USER LISCENSE AGREEMENT

Oh Really? I didn't know that. :roll:

but anyway tell me something to fix the issue? huh?

anything ?

I guess you didn't hear me the first time.

I DO NOT WORK FOR AUTODESK SO I DO NOT KNOW THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION.

if you dont got anything then dont take the time to even post anything

You're absolutely right, but to be honest, I have no idea where all of this hostility has come from? I tell you I don't know the answer to your question so you start throwing insults? Ok, well, this bridge is now burned so I will not be responding to any more of your questions in this or any other thread.

Good luck to you. :)

You want to fix the issue then buy some better hardware or set up a render farm. And stop with the personal attacks.

If you are a child prodigy then you should have been smart enough to research the topic of AutoCAD and multi-core technology before purchasing AutoCAD. AutoCAD only supports multi-core technology in two areas: 2D regeneration and Mental Ray rendering. AutoCAD is primarily a single threaded software whereas you require a multi-threaded software.

For what you are attempting to do (decrease render times significantly) I'd recommend a change in your software from AutoCAD 2011 to 3ds Max Design. 3ds Max Design is targeted at architects, civil engineers and those who do a lot of 3D visualization. Why? Because the software includes a feature called the Quicksilver hardware renderer which uses BOTH the cpu AND the gpu to produce images of much higher quality and at far better speeds than AutoCAD can even come close to.

Note: 3ds Max Design is based upon a multi-threaded rendering engine.

Re: change to hardware. Systems built using a nVidia CUDA-enabled graphics card will also experience a noticeable increase in the speed of the rendering process.

I suggest that next time you do your homework before posting.

Edited by ReMark