Roof

fbby

hi everyone,

I need to make a roof but I cant erase or cut it. I want to cut the solid object with the white line and put hatch on the angle portion,

or any other ideas how to make like this roof?

any suggestions is very appeciate

check my attachment pls

roof.dwg

fbby: Did you get it all figured out or what?

sori for the late reply, yes that is the figured I need, can you please tell me how to make that

sorry for my english

Hi ReMark

How did you create that shape from the input drawing?

It seems you can’t do much with that red cut line in the drawing, I can’t even explode it.

Let me know if you can.

Thanks

Bobzy20

The roof is, as mentioned, a 3D solid. The red line is actually a 3D face. I tried working with it but quickly discarded that idea. I repositioned my UCS then drew drew a polylined triangle at both ends that went slightly beyond the lower edge of the 3D solid. Then I used the Loft command and selected the two triangles. This created a new 3D solid which I then subtracted from fbby's original, yellow colored roof. I failed to hatch it though. There is something unusual about the elevations of the corners that left the hatch in a position that did not align itself with the sloped roof. At that point I decided I had done enough. I'll leave that problem to someone much smarter than me. Maybe that person is you.

Cheers for that, after creating the new solid as you stated I used the intersect command and it worked ok.

The hatching part didn’t work for me either.

So the two of us have arrived at a solution (each in a slightly different way) but it appears fbby hasn't or he just doesn't care any more. I guess that puts an end to this thread unless the OP cares to make a return.

I'd tried and I found this, the blue color is not align on the the red color

see the attached pls

found roof.jpg

ReMark or anybody if you have any idea how to make a roof like this and to put some hatch on it

sorry for my english