Can you apply one page setup to all layouts?

I know you can do that by selecting layouts, and then clicking publish, selecting them and then applying "page setup manager" to layouts, but thats not the question.

The question is:

Can you apply "page setup manager" file to all layouts, so that when you go to, for example layout 16, and press plot, in the left top of the window, page setup name says the one you have somehow applyed before...

If you have Page Setups set in your Page Setup Manager, you can switch between them in the Plot window. I do think you need to have them pre-defined and named though.

Thank you, but that's not what I've asked...

What I would like to know is this:

Can you apply page setup to all layouts at once, in a way that when you select any of the layouts, page setup name is the same, the one you have set before?

I can't find a way to select a Page Setup and apply it to all Layouts - you seem to explain a way in your first post, why doesn't that work for you?

Is this something that you need to do to an exisiting DWG?

If you want to do this to a new DWG I would create a Template (.dwt) with a Layout that you have set how you like it and then use Move or Copy (right-click on the Layout tab) to get mupltiple Layouts all looking the same.

It works, but not the way I want it to work.

The thing is this works only when you select layouts, and then go to publish, and then apply page setup to selected layouts.

What I want to do is this:

When you go to page setup manager, you can click on a page setup and then "Set current", and this page setup is applyed to current layout, but is there a checkbox or something that applys page setup to all layouts?

I'm not sure I explained it right...

Aha ok, so the process you described only sets the page setup to all Layouts at the time of Publishing, not permanently? And you want it permanently?

yeah no, like I said, I don't know of a way to do that, other than set up a Layout a way you like it and then use Copy to get multiple (new) copies of that layout. You can, if you right-click on a layout and click Select All Layouts and then right-click again and select Copy (or Move or Copy), you copy all the Layouts that you have selected, so it goes pretty fast to copy layouts if you want to.

Yes, that's what I want...

I'll keep in mind to do the copy thing in future, but for now I'm stuck with my old method...

Thanks!!

I think this is what you are looking for:

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=8855.0

Thanks to CAB for posting this routine. I do not know if he has posted it on CadTutor, this link is for his thread at The Swamp...

I'm was'nt registered to this forum, I just registered, so I have to wait till admins aprove my registration...

Can you please copy post here?

I'm having problems registering on forum, I keep getting message that my email adress needs to be validated, or something like that, and I can't log in...