the-hatch-window-doesn't-appear-problem

pvd

Hi all,

when I want to make a hatch and I type "H", the window doesn't appear, I only get some options on my command-line. Anybody knows how I can get this window back?

Thank you very much

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rkmcswain

• pvd

• Cad64

• lpseifert

Still the same, it only gives the options on the commandline. i'm using Autocad 2011. You think this has anything to do with it?

try this at the command line...

(initdia)
(command "_.HATCH") 

it's supposed to be (command "_.HATCH")

code formatting glitch maybe?

Hi all,

when I want to make a hatch and I type "H", the window doesn't appear, I only get some options on my command-line. Anybody knows how I can get this window back?

Thank you very much

Set HPDLGMODE to 1 and try again.

Is it possible that the dialog box was dragged to another monitor or off screen?

Try changing the resolution of your monitor. I can't remember if you are suppposed to increase it or decrease it, try both.

Is it possible that the dialog box was dragged to another monitor or off screen?
If that were the case, the OP would not be getting options at the command line.

The code also gives the same result...but I start thinking it's the new layout from Autocad 2011, as I noticed there's an extra ribbon on top of my screen (excuse my late reflexes) which gives allmost all the functions from before, it just looks a bit differently. When I change to 'Classic view', the hatch-window appears as it's been appearing before.

Sorry for my stupidity and thanks for your help guys...

...but I start thinking it's the new layout from Autocad 2011, as I noticed there's an extra ribbon on top of my screen (excuse my late reflexes) which gives allmost all the functions from before, it just looks a bit differently.

The HPDLGMODE was set to 2. When I change it to "1". The window appears. Thanks Wain!

Regarding the new functionality... Back to the beginning of this thread... when you were only getting command line interface.... one of the options at the command line is seTtings, which if chosen, displays the dialog without having to know any variables, etc.

Correct Wain, I don't know how I changed it (maybe because of the code I already been inputting until now) but earlier on, when I choose "setTings", it gave me the options on my commandline without the dialogbox appearing....Anyway...home sweet home...back to the good old habits now...

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys,

I'm currently using Autocad 2010 & I have the same problem, but when I type HPDLGMODE in the command line it says "unknown command". Is there another way to do this?

Right. HPDLGMODE is new for 2011

Have you read the entire thread and tried any of the other suggestions?

Thanks, I have but still had the problem.

I've looked a bit further & I found that my window was off screen & found a solution:

To get it back onscreen after you start the Hatch command, do the following:

1. Press Alt+Space bar

2. Hit letter M on your keyboard

3. Hit any of the arrow keys on your keyboard

4. Grab your mouse and the offscreen window should follow back onscreen

I've looked a bit further & I found that my window was off screen & found a solution:

1. Press Alt+Space bar

I have an animation of this if it helps future readers of this thread

http://cadpanacea.com/node/95

• 1 year later...
Thanks, I have but still had the problem.

1. Press Alt+Space bar

Hello, im also having the problem of no hatch or gradient box appearing (autocad 2010). I have tried the above fix to no avail. One thing i have noticed is when i open the properties box, '_properties' appears in the command line, but this does not happen when i click on the hatch or gradient icon. CAD also seems to freeze after clicking either icon and clicking any mouse button i get the little problem 'chime' sound, and the freeze remains until i hit the escape key. Any help would be much approeciated.