How to copy a drawing Sheets

CAnnondale

Hi All,

Good day to all. BTW, I have some query. How do I copy a Sheets in .idw? Because, I do have multiple parts to be put in a drawing sheets and I do not want to key-in all the information in the Title Blocks again and again every time I create another sheets with 90% of the information is the same.

Is there a way to do it. Like, copying the Sheets.

Just copy the sheet in another project(s), works just fine. I'm pretty shure almost all data will be copied with it. I once copied a sheet with a drawing still in it. Opening that sheet in another project Inventor asked me kindly were the location for that drawing was.

@Chriske - Thanks for your suggestion. But, that is not what I want to do.

e,g: In AutoCAD, I can copy the Layout tab with the whole information of my Title Block with-in a drawing. I do not have to create a new drawing in-order for me to have that information.

I have tried the RMB "Right Mouse Button" in the Sheet drawing browser and there is an option "COPY" but, it does not allow me to "Paste" it.

Basically, I want all the sheets to be in 1 .idw.

You can't copy a sheet then paste in the same drawing file. But you can copy a sheet and paste (multiple times) into a different drawing file. Lame, huh? Here's what you need to do:unsure::P:wink:

In your original drawing, go to the browser, select your sheet, then RMB, select copy (or control C). Now, open a "new" drawing, go to the browser bar, hit your RMB and select paste (or control V) Paste will now be available in the "new" or different drawing . You can paste again and again to create as many duplicate sheets you need. All sheet info -border, title block, views, will be duplicated. I then delete or overwrite the original drawing with the new drawing. This technique can also be used to combine different drawings and their sheets into one single multiple sheet drawing file:)

Why you can't copy and paste sheets within the same drawing is ridiculous and wastes time, and I think the technique above is non-intuitive, I somehow stumbled across it in my daily fumblings, just before I was ready to pound my head into the wall. The programmers must have been on qualudes:x

@ecshclark - Thanks for the information appreciate it so much. I was laughing with the terms "Quaaludes" used. Yeah, I think you are right.:lol:

• 12 years later...
On 09/07/2010 at 21:32, ecshclark said:

You can't copy a sheet then paste in the same drawing file. But you can copy a sheet and paste (multiple times) into a different drawing file. Lame, huh? Here's what you need to do:unsure::P😉

In your original drawing, go to the browser, select your sheet, then RMB, select copy (or control C). Now, open a "new" drawing, go to the browser bar, hit your RMB and select paste (or control V) Paste will now be available in the "new" or different drawing . You can paste again and again to create as many duplicate sheets you need. All sheet info -border, title block, views, will be duplicated. I then delete or overwrite the original drawing with the new drawing. This technique can also be used to combine different drawings and their sheets into one single multiple sheet drawing file:)

Why you can't copy and paste sheets within the same drawing is ridiculous and wastes time, and I think the technique above is non-intuitive, I somehow stumbled across it in my daily fumblings, just before I was ready to pound my head into the wall. The programmers must have been on qualudes:x

There is a way to do it, even though Inventor doesn't think there is! https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/copy-and-pasting-a-sheet-in-a-2019-drawing/m-p/11811905/highlight/true#M890423