Lowest point of 3D Polyline

envirocad

I made a surface and also made a 3D polyline of the surface boundary. I need to locate the lowest point of the 3D Polyline boundary. The polyline has over 100 vertices. Is there a way to query the highest and lowest point along a pline ??

Thanks!!

You can either extract the coordinates with vla-get-coordinates and combine the list into groups of 3 or entnext through the selected ename (using entsel), create a list of coordinates (X,Y,Z), sort by Z value, then you can easily take the highest and lowest value and label accordingly.

eg.

highlowlabel.gif

HighLowLabel.zip

• Like 1

Of course a visual way is to take a Front View and you would be able to see the lowest and the highest point. :D

Very true, it would just be a pain if there are points with 'close' elevations.

You can either extract the coordinates with vla-get-coordinates and combine the list into groups of 3 or entnext through the selected ename (using entsel), create a list of coordinates (X,Y,Z), sort by Z value, then you can easily take the highest and lowest value and label accordingly.

eg.

[ATTACH]21100[/ATTACH]

I'm not familiar with LISP. Do you know of a Lisp that will label the lowest point of a 3D Polyline ? or export a x,y,z file that can be sorted by elevation....as you have specified.

Thanks!!

I'm not familiar with LISP. Do you know of a Lisp that will label the lowest point of a 3D Polyline ? or export a x,y,z file that can be sorted by elevation....as you have specified.

Thanks!!

Ahh, what the hell. Attached in my original post.