Changing Window Width.

LFC_PMCE

Hi guys i'm not long using revit and i'm just wondering is it possible to edit the width of a window. If so how do i do this?

Phil :)

click on the window, select element properties

then duplicate the current window and make a new one and edit the width in the parameters

Doesn't Revit have dynamic blocks?

Why can't the window be modified by click&drag like 2007+ AutoCAD?

I've never seen inside Revit. I guess that's a program I should look at.

Doesn't Revit have dynamic blocks?

Why can't the window be modified by click&drag like 2007+ AutoCAD?

I've never seen inside Revit. I guess that's a program I should look at.

noooo :shock:

everything within revit is a family file, so the window will be doing several things at once (drawn in plan, drawn in section, drawn in elevation, drawn in 3d and scheduled)

so you need to duplicate a new one for each type you have...this make easy work of stuff though

if you have 100 windows say 1200x1200mm and you want them to be 1200x1350mm, you can do this with a edit and rename and hey presto all windows on the drawing are all 1200x1350mm in every view. you can even edit a window size/door size etc within a schedule.

noooo :shock:

everything within revit is a family file, so the window will be doing several things at once (drawn in plan, drawn in section, drawn in elevation, drawn in 3d and scheduled)

so you need to duplicate a new one for each type you have...this make easy work of stuff though

if you have 100 windows say 1200x1200mm and you want them to be 1200x1350mm, you can do this with a edit and rename and hey presto all windows on the drawing are all 1200x1350mm in every view. you can even edit a window size/door size etc within a schedule.

OK, Gotcha. Sounds like 20/20 Kitchen Design. I guess If I been there I don't gotta go to Revit to see the basics?

OK, Gotcha. Sounds like 20/20 Kitchen Design. I guess If I been there I don't gotta go to Revit to see the basics?

Autocad Architecture is similar in design (designed to use the BIM workflow) And it does have a very easy way to modify your window styles by selecting the window, then changing the size in the property pallet. This is the one thing that bothers me about Revit, is the incessant need to go into a different dialog box to modify just about everything. The program is a good program though, it just has its quirks like any other program out there.