• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CADTutor

• alanjt

• rkmcswain

• leigh_elkins

I see some of the CSS stuff in Chrome as well. Very well done! -David

Yes, in fact all common browsers (except IE) should display the CSS 3 stuff.

Soooooo much more improved and better yet, more organized.

Header seems a bit bland and extremely plain. Maybe have a competition in this section for some Photoshop magic among the members?? Just a thought is all....

Is it my computer or does it slightly 'lag' when scrolling?

I feel the same.

I didn't notice a lag, but I'm running an older version of FF (probably not as resource hungry).

Soooooo much more improved and better yet, more organized.

Header seems a bit bland and extremely plain. Maybe have a competition in this section for some Photoshop magic among the members?? Just a thought is all....

Sounds like a fun idea.

Hmm, I can see that the scrolling is slightly less smooth in FF than in IE and Chrome. I tried turning off the background and the drop shadow but it didn't make much difference. FF always seems a little slower when scrolling than the other browsers.

Is it my computer or does it slightly 'lag' when scrolling?

I noticed the same thing on long pages where it seems to hang up, But I just recently installed FireFox. I do not get this in IE8, But IE8 does not seem worth the other trouble its been creating for me.

I noticed the same thing on long pages where it seems to hang up, But I just recently installed FireFox. I do not get this in IE8, But IE8 does not seem worth the other trouble its been creating for me.

You should give Chrome a go - the performance is amazing - it's the smoothest scrolling of all the current browsers - I'm afraid that in my tests FF comes out worst but it does have the best plugins.

You should give Chrome a go - the performance is amazing - it's the smoothest scrolling of all the current browsers - I'm afraid that in my tests FF comes out worst but it does have the best plugins.

No FF!?!?!

sanford.jpg

C'mon Fred.... Bubba, Grady, Skillet, and Leroy have all switched to Chrome.

ROFL

Google controls enough of my daily life. I can't sign it all away.

The new site does look great and is a vast improvement of what the site once was. The only problem for me is that it very much has a 'blog' feel to it.

I think the site could be perfect for an Autodesk programming wiki and repository.

With AutoCAD, Revit, etc. there are so many great scripts shared on the internet that can become a hassle to trackdown, 1 recognised repository would be fantastic.

I think the site could be perfect for an Autodesk programming wiki and repository.

With AutoCAD, Revit, etc. there are so many great scripts shared on the internet that can become a hassle to trackdown, 1 recognised repository would be fantastic.

OK, let's do it. How do we start?

There are a few ways you could take it.

1. Run it entirely within 1 CMS (such as Joomla). This way it would be pretty simple to manage the articles as well as the downloads within 1 system.

2. Run it using a CMS with a bridge to a standalone wiki system, such as dokuwiki or something similar.

3. Code it youself...

Personally I would go for the first option as it would make it easiest to manage, easiest to structure, easiest to style and easiest to troubleshoot. Let me know if you need a hand with anything.

Ok, I wasn't really meaning "how should it be set up as a website?" - that part is probably the easiest. What I really meant was "how do we make it happen?" OR if I build it, will they come? How do we make it a success?

General SEO and word of mouth. If you were to start it from scratch then it may struggle, but CADTutor is here as a good mega-phone. Also, the online CAD community isn't too spread out, so you pop along to AUGI and other relevant CAD sites.