Light Placement - Newbie Alert!!

Laurel

Hi

I'm trying to place a light on the ceiling of a room I have drawn in Revit, but am having some problems. I'd be grateful for a solution.

My project calls for me to 'Create a simple wiring layout for the ground floor lighting using the Fixture and Fittings libraries.'

I've been told that I simply need to place the fittings and then draw a 'spline from switch to light fitting'.

I thought I'd done this by positioning the components on a floor plan (m_switch-single and lamp general) and drawing the spline, but I've since placed other furniture in the room which has hidden the lamp from view, so I must have drawn it on the floor. I'm not sure how to resolve this, and changing the offset of the lamp doesn't seem to help.

Please can someone explain the correct procedure I should take to achieve my desired goal?

Thanks very much.

Thanks Prof. I don't know how I missed that.

Seems strange that it is so hard to get the lighting symbol to show. :)