Time log

fcfcadd

I'm assuming you are testing what Lee posted. He changed the use of "tdurstimer" to extracting the difference from "date" (for the open time), which coincides with "Time".

Actually at this point yes, But I can not get his to work correctly now or yours to work at all.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee Mac

• alanjt

• fcfcadd

• The Buzzard

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually at this point yes, But I can not get his to work correctly now or yours to work at all.

If you are loading them both, they are going to conflict since the subroutines have the same names but different stored variables.

Load only one of them.

Of course it works as mine does. It's basically the same code!

You can't slightly modify my code, add an option and call it your own, saying it was "inspired" by me. I'm sorry to be like this, but I just refuse to bite my tongue.

I didn't 'slightly' modify your code - I rewrote the program and just used the same format of Excel File. My code was 'inspired' by yours as it performs the same task, but the reactor is initiated differently, all variables are retrieved differently, the path is set/retrieved differently, and of course, mine has that extra option... what are we owning here, an idea for how to format a log file?

If you are loading them both, they are going to conflict since the subroutines have the same names but different stored variables.

Load only one of them.

They do not share any subfunction names, so they should not clash.

I didn't 'slightly' modify your code - I rewrote the program and just used the same format of Excel File. My code was 'inspired' by yours as it performs the same task, but the reactor is initiated differently, all variables are retrieved differently, the path is set/retrieved differently, and of course, mine has that extra option... what are we owning here, an idea for how to format a log file?

What you posted follows the same format. You cleverly changed 'here and there' coding (using date instead of tdurstimer, etc.) to make it appear less like what I posted and more as something new. And yes, added a file location option.

What you posted follows the same format. You cleverly changed 'here and there' coding (using date instead of tdurstimer, etc.) to make it appear less like what I posted and more as something new. And yes, added a file location option.

As I said Alan, I did not 'modify' your code - the only thing I followed, was the way that your file was formatted. The code was written from scratch. I had no intention of making it look 'less like something you posted, and more like something new' - I posted code that I had written, there was no copy/pasting involved. You make it seem like I had ulterior motives...

As I said Alan, I did not 'modify' your code - the only thing I followed, was the way that your file was formatted. The code was written from scratch. I had no intention of making it look 'less like something you posted, and more like something new' - I posted code that I had written, there was no copy/pasting involved. You make it seem like I had alterior motives...

Well, tell me Lee, what was accomplished by you posting something that models what I posted and does the same exact thing, in almost the same exact way? This isn't like one person posting a version of something using entmake and you rewriting it in vla, for the purpose of showing it could be done.

Just forget it. I concede.

Well, tell me Lee, what was accomplished by you posting something that models what I posted and does the same exact thing, in almost the same exact way? This isn't like one person posting a version of something using entmake and you rewriting it in vla, for the purpose of showing it could be done.

Alan, it wasn't like I didn't give you credit in the code I posted anyway. What would you have me do? Remove the code completely? Change the header to say a 'modification of Alanjt's routine', when it wasn't?

Just forget it. I concede.

Me too.

Alan, it wasn't like I didn't give you credit in the code I posted anyway. What would you have me do? Remove the code completely? Change the header to say a 'modification of Alanjt's routine', when it wasn't?

Me too.

Don't bother Lee, I'll just remove mine.

I notice you didn't answer my question.

Well, tell me Lee, what was accomplished by you posting something that models what I posted and does the same exact thing, in almost the same exact way?

Yes, it performs the same task - but I have coded it in a different way, as I posted earlier. But don't worry, I shall remove it.