Red circle/X instead of a wall

julimor

While building walls that intersect in several places, one of the existing walls suddenly vanished and was replaced with a red circle with an X in the middle. That shows up in 2D view but nothing shows up in 3D view.

Nothing I do seems to resolve the problem. I've tried switching the orientation but all that does is complicate the problem. I've looked at the properties and can't find anything there to help either. No matter what I've tried it seems there's at least one wall that vanishes. :?

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks,

Julie

While building walls that intersect in several places, one of the existing walls suddenly vanished and was replaced with a red circle with an X in the middle. That shows up in 2D view but nothing shows up in 3D view.

Nothing I do seems to resolve the problem. I've tried switching the orientation but all that does is complicate the problem. I've looked at the properties and can't find anything there to help either. No matter what I've tried it seems there's at least one wall that vanishes. :?

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks,

Julie

It's a wall cleanup issue. Look for clean up radius settings in the properties pallette and play around with them, the smaller they are the better

The cleanup radius is already set to zero. I've toyed with the cleanup radius overrides but it changed nothing. ACAD help hasn't been any help at all.

I'm attaching jpegs of what's on the screen in hopes it helps.

In the first picture, this is what I see when all walls are in place, the direction arrow is on the right and the cleanup radius is set to zero.

In the second picture everything is the same except the direction has been reversed and the arrow is on the left. As you can see, that just makes more walls disappear.

Thanks for your help,

Julie

Wall Problem_01.jpg

Wall Problem_02.jpg

The wall cleanup usually is the larger of the 2 walls intersecting. If you have a 3.5 wall running into a 5.5 wall, 5.5 should be your cleanup. Sometimes it will accept 3.5 depending on travel and corner/intersection.

It also looks like the walls have justification issues, try changing them and remeasure each and shift as needed.

Thank you! I set the cleanup to 5.5 and it helped a lot. The only wall that won't cleanup is the one between the closets (tried a lot of numbers) but that's okay. At least it shows up in 2D and 3D, just not as a connected wall.

Thank you again,

Julie

Thank you! I set the cleanup to 5.5 and it helped a lot. The only wall that won't cleanup is the one between the closets (tried a lot of numbers) but that's okay. At least it shows up in 2D and 3D, just not as a connected wall.

Thank you again,

Julie

Sweet, I love it when things work. :)