How do I draw an ellipetical wing...

maxwellbests

Hi all,

Using Rhino 4 on a study project. I am drawing an aircraft (p47)from 3 views. I am finding the wing to be a right pain. When looked at from plan view the wing changes shape, from front view, camber is different on top surface to bottom surface etc. The end of the wing is rounded. Displeased with efforts thus far, using 1 and 2 sweep, loft, curve network, patch on the ends etc. My surfaces are not watertight, etc. See attached. Your guidance would be most appreciated.

Thanks

TopViewWing.jpg

FrontViewWing.jpg

If you were doing this in AC 2009 I'd say you would need at least a few wing cross-sections that you could then loft to get the final shape. Unfortunately, although I have used Rhino (about three years ago) I am unable to provide you with a definitive answer.

Thanks for your reply. Will try using more lofts. Lots more loftsThe shape of the wing makes it a challenge, plus camber makes it a challenge to be sure.