Block renamer, Block renaming.. works for Layers too.

gilsoto13

I just haven´t found some of these routines posted around in this Forum... So I want to post them all in this thread to show some gratitude for your constant help and support....

1. These are 5 routines.. The first one is for Block names' find and replace... and if you use "*" for "Enter Block name pattern to match:" you can find and replace a string in the entire block database in the current drawing.

2. The second one is to add a preffix or suffix to current drawing block names...

3. The third one is a vba command to replace a character from blocks names.

4. The fourth is the Block renamer... already posted by me from Theswamp.org and Lee... to rename completely all Blocks in the current drawing using a preffix (inside the lisp) and a number sequence.

5. The fifth, also recently posted... works to rename specific blocks to a completely different name... kind of fixed by me from a layer renamer lisp (also posted)

block names find and replace.lsp

add preffix or suffix to block names.lsp

vba to replace a character acrooss all blocks and layers names.txt

BLR.LSP

rename some blocks to a different block name.lsp

rename some layers to a different layer name.lsp

• 13 years later...

Can you please post the Lisp for the hundreds of Block to rename with prefix by a single command.. so that everything i can change it to the respective name as per requirement. This is needed because while updating the model or copy and paste it is difficult to analyze which one has changed and needed to recheck everytime.

Thanks

Plant 3d User

Either select blocks manually or hit enter to pick all blocks in the drawing,  Can add Prefix or Suffix to block name, and will build a list of blocks to rename. it Handles this though the block definition. useful for when you have to move blocks between drawings and they might have the same name.

BLKRENAME.lsp

Edited by mhupp