Point group display

lpseifert

Is there a way to 'toggle' the display of a point group(s) on/off? I've tried setting the Point Style and Point Label Style to , it seems to work for the Point, but not the Label. Surely there must be an easy way.

Thanks-

I just tried the styles on different point group, and it seems to be working properly. Still, does someone have an easier way? Seems like there should be a 'visibility' toggle for a point group.

The display depends on whether or not you have Styles assigned to the Points themselves.

The style is determined in the following order:

1) If the OVERRIDE option is SELECTED on the Point Group, use the style assigned to the Point Group.

2) Otherwise, if the Point itself has a style assigned, use the style assigned to the Point.

3) Otherwise, use the style assigned to the Point Group.

For most things, we use Styles assigned directly to the Points themselves. Then we can turn on the OVERRIDE option(s) in the Point Group to "temporarily" change the appearance of the entire group. When we're done, we can turn the Point Group override off, and the points go back to their original appearance.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been trying to do something similar have a toolbar with icons that hold the style settings this saves the need to go back to the style menu's. Initially it was for turning on/off contours and changing the contour interval settings.

I have some vba code but can not seem to tie it all together its complicated getting into the civ3d database the problem I have, changing stuff seems straight forward.

Any one done this ?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone out there good at VBA (I am a learner) there is an example code \program files\autocad civil 3d 2009\sample\VBA\surfacepoints

Within that it refers as per the readme.txt

"AddPointsToSurfaceTest - Loads a surface from an XML file. Creates a point description key ..... sets the point style of the new points using the point description key".

As we know the name of the descriptor keys used then it should be simple to turn on/off or change without going throught the point style menus! Thats what I am trying to do.

Are you trying to do something like in the attached image? It's showing the SPLayOff command in the Sincpac-C3D.

If you want to tackle something like this, I should warn you that it is rather tricky, and not a simple task. I would also strongly recommend that you do not try to use VBA, and instead try to use a .NET language. Autodesk is no longer supporting the COM API for Civil 3D, and you can't get to everything that way. Well, you still can't get to everything via .NET, either, so as of right now, .NET programming for Civil 3D is a nasty mix of COM and managed access. But moving forward, Autodesk is only working on the managed side, and they are not adding new API calls to the COM side.

splayoff.gif