Global Attribute Editor & Extractor

Lee Mac

Just to clarify the program does sort the tags/blocks properly - I doubted the program for a minute.

I already looked at your other problem

Just to clarify the program does sort the tags/blocks properly - I doubted the program for a minute.

I already looked at your other problem

Thank you for your answer, is there a way send back in to the selected blocks the result file manipulated for example :

a block attributes placed in different layers contain a sequential number that has been copied several times in the drawing but it's wrong.

So if I extract data, then I manipulate, and send back to the drawing may I save time.

Thks

I haven't added this ability to the program as yet - as there are many formats that the extracted data may take, and, without extracting the block entity handles, it is impossible to know which block the data was extracted from.

Excellent :)

Sorry to stress the forum with my issue.

Pls could you help me to extract the section of the above lisp that extract the coords of the blocks in the drawing.

I'll add to the ATTOUT lsp in the express tools and I solve all my problems.

Thank you

Look at either the DXF group 10 code of a block entity, or the InsertionPoint property of a VLA Block Reference Object.

Thank you very much for your support I'll do this, but coyld you help me to find the instruction in your lsp ?-

Guest kruuger

hello

i start to play with att editor. this is fantastic tool but i noticed few things:

Will it? Oh right, if you say so..

Hi Guys,

Yes, I did produce an attribute editor by the same name, but I didn't pursue it too much, as there is a known bug with ObjectDBX that loses the DWG thumbnail, and can alter the position of attributes when you save the drawing.

1. is there any solution for this? after editing attribute in closed dwg's attribute change position a little bit (i need to make attsync). i will start testing att editor next week at work and see how much this affect the attribute.

2. as someone noticed all dwg are saved to acad version we are working on (2010 in my case). i think the best format for save dwg is 2004 (so far the smallest file size). i'm a draftsmen but my client usually use old version of cad. they just print them and that's all. so save files to newest version are not prohibited.

One of the advantages of my program over Data Extraction is that it can process multiple drawings at the same time.

3. i think that data extractions also works on multiple dwg's:)

sorry for my language.

my english sucks.

thanks

kruuger

PS i'm starting to be addicted from your programs. awesome work!!!

Hi Kruuger,

I'm glad that you are liking my programs - I'd write a lot more if I had the ideas :)

Perhaps DataExtraction does process multiple drawings, but I enjoyed writing this program - so I'm not disappointed.

As for the bugs you mentioned... In my mind, interfacing with ObjectDBX is, although great for most tasks, it isn't fully developed, so there are a few bugs that are to be dealt with.

I included a function to attempt to correct the attribute position when updating, but this is not 100% foolproof and may fail. The attribute position will be updated when the block is either moved, or of course through attsync.

As for the thumbnail, yet another bug that I have no control of when using LISP - this can be worked around using a more powerful language such as .Net or Arx, but suffice to say the drawing thumbnail is returned when the drawing is next manually saved.

With all this said - none of these bugs will affect the Global Attribute Extractor, as this doesn't attempt to modify the drawing contents, nor save the drawing.

Lee

Guest kruuger
Hi Kruuger,

With all this said - none of these bugs will affect the Global Attribute Extractor, as this doesn't attempt to modify the drawing contents, nor save the drawing.

Lee

yes, extractor works perfect. in my case i love your editor. for example i need to update submittal date in 30 dwg's. now there will be no problem with your tools:)

I'm glad that you are liking my programs - I'd write a lot more if I had the ideas :)

hmm, rather simple and small tool but..

how many people wants to hatch enclosed area? i was thinkg about tool to hatch selected line, circle, pline etc. with offset input by user. please see attached picture for clarification.

what do you think?

thanks

kruuger

hatchs_ample.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Where does the program put the excel file and does excel need to be open when

the program runs?

Thank you

Here is a part of code for managing an excel file, usually I open an empty Sheet of Excel, please chek the name of Excel Sheet ("Foglio1", or "Sheet1" or any name you want).

' Start Excel if not running
 On Error Resume Next
 Set MyExcel = GetObject(, "Excel.Application")
   If Err.Number <> 0 Then ExcelWasNotRunning = True
   Err.Clear ' Clear Err object in case error occurred.
' Check for Microsoft Excel. If Microsoft Excel is running,
' enter it into the Running Object table.

If Err <> 0 Then
   Err.Clear
   Set MyExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
   If Err <> 0 Then
     MsgBox "Could Not Load Excel!", vbExclamation
     End
   End If
 End If
 On Error GoTo 0
 MyExcel.Visible = True
 'Excel.Workbooks.Add
 MyExcel.Sheets("Foglio1").Select
 ''Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate
 Set MyExcelSheet = MyExcel.ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("Foglio1")
 MyExcelSheet.Range("1:1").Font.Bold = True

''Clear the cells
 'MyExcelSheet.Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(100, 100)).Clear
MyExcelSheet.Cells(Row, Col ).Value = "HANDLE"

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Dear Lee,

Iam nazeer from India.

Thanks you for this great free ware.

May God Bless You and reward You

I have used your "Global Attribute Change"

works great I should Thank you.

bye

• 1 month later...

Hi Lee,

This is a great application thanks, I am hoping you can add some wildcard functionality to it somehow.

I have a directory full of files all with the same attributed block with varying values, I only need to change one character of the value: ex. 1000A1000L needs to be updated to 1000B1000L, each drawing value is different from the next.

I tried this for new value but it didn't work: ####B####@. It changed all drawings to the value: 1000A1000L.

I look forward to using the current functionality of your great application. Thanks

Have a spectacular day!

Hi Martin,

I'm glad you enjoy the program - currently, as you know the attribute editor will update only those that have an 'exact match' to that which is specified - I may include an option to use wildcards (a la FIND) in the future, but I don't have too much time to work on this I'm afraid.

Lee

Hi Martin,

I'm glad you enjoy the program - currently, as you know the attribute editor will update only those that have an 'exact match' to that which is specified - I may include an option to use wildcards (a la FIND) in the future, but I don't have too much time to work on this I'm afraid.

Lee

Thanks for the response, I completely understand, I have become quite busy myself lately. Still, quite a useful tool, Thanks again for the great effort, I look forward to future updates.

Have a Spectacular day!:)