snap vertices onto each other

samifox

hi

i need a lisp to snap vertices onto each other. 

if you have a long line that consist of lots of segment and not all segments are perfectly snapped to each other ased on proximity and distance.

there must be a lisp someone wrote for this.

image.thumb.png.bd0999733f8975206cdad0040e942f70.png

any idea?

I've adjusted the FZ to 3 and ensured that the lines aren't spaced more than that. However, it didn't yield the desired outcome. Additionally, even if it does work, shouldn't it align ? not just select??"

I did forget to mention I added to the routine after line 121:

... (command "._PEDIT" "_M" s2 "" "_Y" "_J" "" "")

Not sure if that routine will work with such a large gap.

It's also not meant to align segments but to select and then connect.

Been discussed a few times joining miscloses.

Did you google ? "snap vertices onto each other autocad lisp"

Pretty sure over at Forums/autodesk there is an answer.

I do have something. However, this doesn't technically "move" the line, it simply extends and trims the line to meet at the intersections. Just don't enter a tolerance too big.

After you run this command, then you can join them (or even confirm using the forementioned Chain Selection program by Lee-Mac.

In the attached I tried NEATX for fun, but the result turned out ugly as hell. So I just recommend NEAT instead and then you specify the tolerance... of probably 5 to 10, if your objects aren't too far. I can't really guarantee that this will work to your expectation, but hopefully it should.

Neaten.lsp

Edited by Jonathan Handojo

Had a quick look and I think Kent Coopers suggestion was best that you move both ends to the midpoint of the 2 ends that are not touching. 

What quantities are we talking about in other post a figure of 70,000 was suggested at this level the lisp may crash as the list gets to big of end values.

Did you try the pedit solution ?