can't extrude, presspull, object

press21

I have been fumbling with this for a while now, I dont know why i cant make this work. The extrude wont work because the self intersection circles, but i thought it would presspull, but it does not.BranchesWontExtrude.jpg i attached a jpg.

Any ideas??

Press

Here is an idea - attach the file here.

(dwg that is, I'm not familiar with editing jpgs in AutoCAD and of course it is impossible to locate the problem in that jpg attachment)

Why not eliminate any self-intersection? Looks to me like a continous non-intersecting boundary could be created from that profile.

I exploded your polyline, ran overkill, then pedited it back together. Extrudes just fine then. You can probably skip the explode part and just use overkill. You had a bunch of overlapping line segments. When there's a problem, I like to get back to basics, so I explode stuff.

branches.jpg

I zoomed up a bit and changed it's color just show it would up better in the png file.

I exploded your polyline' date=' ran overkill, then pedited it back together. Extrudes just fine then. You can probably skip the explode part and just use overkill. You had a bunch of overlapping line segments. When there's a problem, I like to get back to basics, so I explode stuff.

[ATTACH=CONFIG']32447[/ATTACH]

I zoomed up a bit and changed it's color just show it would up better in the png file.

Overkill is the perfect tool for this, good call Jack. Much easier than trying to trace it. Looks good. :wink: