Loft problems

atemnot

I'm trying to make a curved wall with different heights, but i can't manage to do the loft of the object. I keep getting "The selected entities are not valid."

I tried remaking all the little polylines but nothing seems to work..

Please help.

loft problems.dwg

Sorry, I find that difficult to believe. If your centerline paths were real arcs, segments of a circle or polylines that were curve fitted then the profiles would definitely loft.

i don`t understand. i started the path from scratch and after i select all the polylines and i chose the path i get that error again.. "The selected entities are not valid." :(

can you please send me the file modified? i really can't manage to make that loft and i don't see where i make it wrong... i remade the path several times and doesn't work

thanks..

Ah....a class assignment.

What I did was very simple. I erased the two guidelines on either side of your centerline and divided the centerline path into sections based on the location of your wall profiles. I drew circles on those segments and connected the centers with a polyline. I used the Pedit command, selected the polyline I just drew, then did a curve fit. I lofted two profiles for each section. Then I assembled all of the sections and unioned them. I had a total of five sections. The last two were just straight lines.

FlexCurve_b.jpg

This is the sequence I followed.

On the left side you see the circles I used (radius = 2) and the yellow polyline before curve fit. On the right is the polyline after using Pedit and the "Fit" option. I used the LOFT command, selected the two profiles at either end of the segment and the polyline curve was my path. Simple.

Now it is your turn. I have some sheet rock work to do this morning so I have to go. Good luck.

finally.. after hours of trying. i'm so happy i managed to make it.

i tried how you said with circles but i got the same error. (maybe because i didn't use fit curved because i didn't find that option so i used spline curve..)

but then i tried by simply breaking the points of my centerline where i had the red-section polylines, duplicated them and made loft of each segment and it worked.

oh god im so happy! million thanks for your help :notworthy:

solved.jpg

You're welcomed.

One of the options for the PEDIT command is called FIT (as in "fit" a curve). I do believe I mentioned it in post #13. Why, indeed, I did!

Congrats on solving your problem.

sorry for bothering again.. but i need some help

what is the best and easiest method to make a solid or a surface between a curved polyline and a solid "wall"?

thanks in advance

taluz.jpg