Setting Plot Style, Paper Size, etc... for Publishing

Bill Tillman

I have an ACAD file which is full of layout tabs, (21 of them to be exact). I want to publish the file to PDF but the layout tabs are all over the place as far as the printer, the plot style and paper size. The only way I see to set these to the proper settings before running the PUBLISH command is to go to each layout tab, one at a time, set the parameters and then click on "Save to Layout" button. This of course is very time consuming. I would think there is a better way to do this?

BTW, I should mention here this client uses LT so trying to automate this with LISP is darn near impossible.

In the first tab set up your page setup desired. Grab all layouts, pick publish, pick all in the list, pick the drop down for the first layout and select that page setup, hit ok.

Okay, thanks. I had to do a little more research on the "pull down" you mentioned. It's actually the Page Setup entries in the list where you have to find this. I highlighted all the layouts and then used the pull down menu as you suggested. It did not give me anything to work with except (Default: None). So one of my co-workers suggested creating a name for the layout and then that showed up in the pull down list. When I had all the layouts in the list highlighted is selected this setting for all of them.

Thanks.

Edited by Bill Tillman

Okay, thanks. I had to do a little more research on the "pull down" you mentioned. It's actually the Page Setup entries in the list where you have to find this. I highlighted all the layouts and then used the pull down menu as you suggested. It did not give me anything to work with except (Default: None). So one of my co-workers suggested creating a name for the layout and then that showed up in the pull down list. When I had all the layouts in the list highlighted is selected this setting for all of them.

Thanks.

The drop down is on the publish dialog page. You have to click one of the sheet names to see the drop down arrow.

Untitled.jpg

The drop down is on the publish dialog page. You have to click one of the sheet names to see the drop down arrow.
OOPS, I was already responding to your prior post to this one. You figured it out.

By the way, how did you work out the thing with the different paper sizes?